New York State’s CDPAP program was designed to give disabled individuals the power to retain control of their life. With CDPAP, you can regain your independence by being able to hire, fire, supervise and train your personal assistant. If you have never been a boss before or worked with human resources, you may have questions about how to hire, fire, supervise and train your personal assistant. Your personal assistant may also have questions about specific procedures, how to perform a task or another question that an expert can easily answer.
At Elite Choice, you don’t have to do it alone.
We have expert professionals to answer all your questions from best practices, troubleshooting, what-ifs, and legalities. We are here to enhance your care, keep you safe, with the utmost quality of life.
Our professionals include:
The role of a Human Resource (HR) Specialist is to recruit, support, train, and place employees in a company. Some companies may have a full HR department with specific individuals taking on one role, or one HR specialist to perform every HR task.
HR specialists are also trained to oversee performance reviews and to maintain employee records. A HR specialist can guide an employee or employer with best practices and skills.
A HR consultant can help someone utilizing the CDPAP program in a number of ways, including:
- Creating a job profile before hiring a Personal Assistant.
- Interviewing and hiring training
- Utilizing a PA job description with expectations.
- Handling Consumer-Personal Assistant relations.
- Discussing Personal Assistant compensation and benefits
A registered nurse (RN) is a nurse who has graduated from a nursing program and has met NYS licensing requirements. A nurse is trained to give their patients medical care, to educate their patients about their health issues, and to offer emotional support. Nurses are also trained to observe and record their patients’ condition.
A Registered Nurse can help someone utilizing the CDPAP program in a number of ways, including:
- Walking you through the process of administering medication or utilizing medical equipment.
- Guidance on monitoring a patient’s recovery and progress.
- Educating Consumers and PAs on disease prevention and post-hospital treatment.
- Advising when a doctor’s visit is warranted.
Labor law preserves the rights between workers, employing entities, trade unions and the government. Employment attorneys advise both employees and employers on the legal standards set by local, state or federal government.Their goal is to protect employee and employer rights by helping those who have been discriminated against, or who are facing unfair labor laws.
A Labor and employment Attorney can help someone utilizing the CDPAP program in a number of ways, including:
- Clarifying employee and employer rights.
- Identifying workplace discrimination or harassment and next steps.
- Understanding overtime & minimum wage violations and next steps.
A mediator assists two or more parties to negotiate a settlement.
Mediation is a fair and efficient form of alternative dispute resolution. Different than in court where a judge decides the case outcome, a mediator is a go-between to help the conflicted parties resolve their employment disputes and reach an agreement together.
A mediator can help someone utilizing the CDPAP program in a number of ways, including:
- Facilitating communication between two parties
- Conflict resolution
- Assisting the parties in identifying and exploring issues, interests and possible bases for agreement,
- Helping parties evaluate the likely outcome in court or arbitration if they cannot
Accessibility & ADA Compliance
When you or your loved one has a disability, traveling anywhere becomes difficult. While there are services available for medical appointments like Medicaid transportation, getting a haircut, going to the bank, and shopping for food and other necessities can feel impossible.
At Elite Choice we understand this challenge. That is why we provide wheelchair accessible transportation for your convenience. In addition, our offices are all ADA compliant. This way, you can live a quality life as independently as possible.
A Culture of Listening
At Elite Choice, we care about your needs and the quality of your life. We do our best to provide you with the services and resources that we think will help you. But YOU are the person who knows best about your needs and that’s why we’ve created a committee where your voice is wanted and heard. YOU can help us make your life and the lives of people like you better. Join us to collaborate on ideas, programs, and changes that we can implement to improve our offerings.
Our Consumer Advisory Board includes
- Personal Assistant
- Fiscal Intermediary Staff
- Employee at a Managed Care
- Consumers and Designated Representatives
- Former, retired, or current DSS employee
- Disability Advocates
Topics of discussion include
- Payroll practice
- Fraud waste and abuse
- Home care best practices
- Emergency preparedness
- Timely rural accessibility to care
Tell us what we can do to improve our care so that we can help you better!
Personal Assistant Benefits
It is hard to find the perfect caregiver for your needs, and the hiring and training process is a challenge. (In rural parts of NYS, it can be even harder!) While we can’t take away the searching, hiring and training processes, we can help you retain your quality Personal Assistant so that you don’t have to go through this challenge often.
Elite Choice has created a large option of PA benefits to enable our consumers their best chance at retaining the PA’s they love.
PA Benefit Options:
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off benefits
- Free unlimited data and T-Mobile phone and service
Access to our Elite Care Channel Perks
- Access to our Emergency Loan Program for a time of need